2019 / 2020 Christmas & New Year Holiday period - Your questions and our answers:
Yes, we are accepting orders over Christmas & New Years! We will be open & processing orders every day but the public holidays!
IMPORTANT NOTE: During the Christmas Season between mid-November and to late-January please expect delays. This information below overrides any other lead times, dispatch or shipping times found on the website, this is due to various factors out of our control in this busy season like; suppliers & warehouses closing over this period, all freight companies & Australia Post take a lot longer to deliver this time of the year because of the large volume of freight. Please also note that bush fires will also effect delivery times by slowing down the freight. Thanks very much for your patience we will continue to do the very best we can to process, ship and deliver your order in a timely manner.
Delivery Prior to Christmas: This is an important message! For Orders placed after the 13th of December 2019 we can't guarantee delivery prior to Christmas, once orders leave our warehouse they are out of our direct control and we are in the hands of the freight company. We try our best to dispatch as quickly as possible but if you want delivery prior to Christmas please make sure you contact us directly to confirm your location and product you are ordering so that we can check if this is possible for you.
Ques: If I place my order today, when will it be shipped?
Answer: We are still accepting all orders and processing them up until and during the Christmas and New Year period, please note the below dispatch times. Also be aware there maybe slightly longer delivery times than normal during this period due to the large volume of freight being shipped around Australia over the Christmas period.
- Orders placed & paid for by 3pm on the 16th December 2019 for items from the In Stock Next Day Shipping range will dispatch on or by the 20th December 2019 unless notified.
- Orders placed after 3pm on the 16th of December 2019 until the 2nd January 2020 will be dispatched during the first 1-2 weeks starting on the 2nd January and ending the 17th January 2020.
- Over Christmas our standard dispatch times for in stock orders of 1-10 business days does not include the 24th, 25th & 26th December & the 1st January 2020 as our warehouse will be closed on these 4 days only the office will be open. So for example if you placed your order on the 18th December 2019 the 10th working day would be the 8th January 2019.
- The custom made furniture manufacturing facility opens up again on the 20th January 2020 so all custom made orders placed over Christmas will be put into the system on the 20th January 2020. Please remember that the lead time for any custom order placed after the 19th November 2019 will start from the 20th January 2020.
- Melbourne, Adelaide - approx 2-8 business days
- Sydney - approx 5-12 business days
- Canberra, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Hobart - approx 5-14 business days
- Please allow 6-25 business days for rural deliveries
- Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane: As long as the items are in stock in a warehouse located in your area & the warehouse is open the delivery times will still be 2-8 days after ordering
- Please allow 6-25 business days for regional & rural deliveries
Click & Collect:
- Most warehouses will be open for collection up until 10am Friday the 20th December 2019
- Most warehouses will open up again 9am on the 6th January 2020
- If you would like to make 100% sure on these items for the item you have ordered please feel free to call on 1300 313 495 or email us on [email protected]
Next Day Shipping:
- We are doing our best to continue the awesome Next Day Shipping Service through the Christmas Break
- If you place your order and pay for it before 3pm on Wednesday the 16th December, we will do our very best to have it dispatched the following day or by the 20th.
- Orders placed after 3pm on the 16th December 2019 will be dispatched as soon as possible from the 30th of December 2019 onward when the freight companies are open and operational
- The Next Day Shipping Service will be back to 100% operation on the 6th of January 2020
Please note that these dates are a guide and may vary slightly because of the large volume of orders we are experiencing with our super sale and FREE delivery deals. These dates and dispatch times apply to in stock items only.
Ques: How can I track my order over Christmas?
Answer: Once your order has been dispatched, you will receive an email from our customer service team with full tracking details and information so that you can monitor your order online in real time. (all Adelaide metro deliveries are conducted by a courier service so you will get a phone call and not an email)
Ques: Can we still order products over the Christmas break?
Answer: We will not be closing during the Christmas period (only the public holidays), we have a large number of loyal customers that still require our services and for orders to be shipped out over this period. We will be processing in stock orders right through except for the public holidays so please place your order with confidence. All in stock orders placed online between the 16th December 2019 after 3pm to the 2nd January 2020 will be dispatched during the first 1-2 weeks starting on the 2nd January and ending the 17th January 2020.
Ques: Can I still get assistance with questions and a quote over Christmas?
Answer: Yes, we are still available during this period the phones will be answered as much as possible and emails will be received so please contact us as normal if you have any questions or require a quote. We will have less staff so response times may be longer than normal and If you can't get through on the phone please send us an email [email protected]
Ques: How can I check on an order ETA status over Christmas?
Answer: If you haven’t been emailed a tracking code please send an email with your question or request and the order or invoice number to [email protected] we will be back in touch with the details you require as soon as possible.
Ques: I have called and the phone rang out?
Answer: We will have less staff than normal during this period so if you do experience the phone not being answered please send us an email to [email protected] we will be back in touch as soon as possible.
Custom made items:
Orders for large custom made items closed off for dispatch this year on the 14th November 2018, all custom made orders received after the 14th November 2019 will be dispatched in February 2020 (unless special arrangements have been made) .The custom production factory opens up again on the 20th January 2020 so lead-times start from this day. The business days during the 14th November 2019 to the 20th January 2020 are not classed as production working days because the factory has closed off orders. Please note you may experience delays over this time due to material supply and transport companies taking longer than normal. If your orders is placed after the 14th of November you need to start your lead time from the 20th January 2020.
We trust you have a safe an enjoyable Christmas break and we look forward to seeing you in 2020!
From the Team at BuyDirectOnline