Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We may not be required to provide a remedy if a consumer:
- simply changes their mind, decides they do not like the purchase or has no use for it
- discovers they can buy the goods or services more cheaply elsewhere
- has damaged the goods by using them in a way that was unreasonable.
- Q: What is the length of your Warranty?
All Office Furniture products are backed by a 12 month comprehensive warranty. For extra peace of mind, many products have an extended warranty which will be noted in the details and specifications of that product. These extended warranties range from 2 years to 10 years! We also offer extended warranty options on all products.
- Q: What are the Warranty Terms and Conditions?
Office Furniture Direct warrants all goods for a period of 12 months (unless the product has an extended warranty) under normal usage, to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Office Furniture Direct liability under this warranty is to repair or replace (at its discretion) any part or product covered by this (or any implied) warranty free of charge. Furniture items and chairs have maximum weight capacity’s which must be adhered to as we have ways of telling if items have been subjected to weights exceeding their limits which will cause the warranty to be void. Office Furniture Direct will often send a part which may have been determined as faulty this part will need to be swapped over by the user.
This warranty does not cover:
- Any normal wear and tear.
- Any damage from abnormal use, or abuse.
- Products which have not been maintained, or which have been modified;
- Any indirect or consequential loss.
- Any shipping costs for the return of warranty items (new items supplied to cover the product if deemed faulty will be shipped FREE of charge) the warranty item must be returned by the user to our nominated warehouse before a replacement item is shipped.
- Any packaging or boxing of furniture items that are being returned under warranty.
- Any site visits to view products or repair products.
This warranty applies only to the original purchase. Proof of purchase is required. All works carried out by a party under instructions from Office Furniture Direct will be covered by the 12 month warranty on workmanship and repair. If the workmanship of the repair is deemed by Office Furniture Direct to be faulty a new item will be provided. All other warranties express or implied, are excluded.
- Q: What do I do if I have a problem with a product?
Office Furniture Direct is committed to the excellence of our products and providing first class customer service coupled with unbeatable value. A very responsive after sales department is available to help you with any queries you may have after you purchase. Most issues are resolved within 48 business hours. Please follow the simple procedure below. (these 4 steps must be followed before we can review your warranty claim)
You need to send us written confirmation of the below items (via email, fax or post) as warranty claims over the phone will not be excepted.
- Invoice or purchase order number (any proof of purchase)
- Name and description of goods
- Brief outline / description of what you think the problem or fault is that should be covered by warranty
- Pictures of the product are also needed as part of the claim (emailed or posted)
Send this information to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 08 8177 0524
Post: PO Box 365 Melrose Park SA 5039 (warranty claim department)
For extra peace of mind, we also offer extended warranties for any products in our range. Contact us at [email protected] if you require any assistance with your product after purchase.